FloorTrus open web engineered joist has become popular because of its ability to clear wide spans. When compared to a traditional joist construction the FloorTrus system is stronger and can be installed faster. The plated timber web construction allows joists to be manufactured to any depth.
FloorTrus allows you to build faster, providing consistent depth and height allowing easier covering installation. The open web design facilitates the installation of utility runs, no need to drill holes or cut chases.
Our design department offers a free floor design service , allowing us to quickly and accurately provide a quote for your next project including detailed layout drawings and installation details.
Why use Engineered Joists and FloorTrus?
- Premium Grade Robust Floor – Improved dynamic loads and lower sound transmission. All timber construction is more robust in transport than metal web systems and is less prone to damage on site.
- Open Web Design– Engineered joists allow fast and simple installation of services, without drilling or cutting holes.
- Longer Spans – Greater design flexibility in locating bearing walls and partitions. Engineered Joists offer high strength and rigidity over long clear spans – in excess of 8 meters achievable.
- Reduced Waste– Bespoke design eliminates site alterations. FloorTrus also saves timber resources by reducing the amount of waste timber generated during construction.
- Environmental Benefits – No glues used in manufacture. Off cuts from roof truss manufacture can be used for webs. No wastage as with solid I joists. All timber design ensures no cold bridging when incorporating FloorTrus in roof or wall designs. Much lower carbon footprint than concrete beam floors.
- Wider Spacing – Fewer engineered joists are required and reduces the need for intermediate load-bearing walls and partitions.
- Wide nailing surface – Sub-floor and ceiling application simpler and quicker.
- Flexibility – Now available TrimTrus with trim-able ends – the instant open web floor solution. 300mm trim-able ends allow bearing location errors to be fixed instantly on site.
- Cost savings – Trades work faster on site and the necessity for using intermediate load bearing walls is reduced.
- Engineered Joists – FloorTruss is manufactured off site ensuring consistent quality and reliability.
Engineered Joists – FloorTrus: keep that competitive edge
The benefits of engineered joists and FloorTrus are clear, let us provide you with a solution that gives you the edge
Contact us now on 01239 711070 or use the engineered joist enquiry form .