Spacejoists form a popular open web or metal web engineered joist floor system, similar to Posi-joist or Easi-joist. Metal web joists give your project the competitive edge with marked savings in time and money. Spacejoist offers today’s builder engineered joists that combines the best features of an I-Joist with an open web construction to deliver a quality product for maximum job site efficiency and overall cost effectiveness.
The new design of Spacejoist metal web allows for greater spans. Available depths of joist are 219 mm, 254 mm, 304 mm and 424 mm
Take advantage of our free design service and allowing us to provide a quote for your next project that includes engineered joists. With lightweight SpaceJoists, Melingoed offer you a quality product for maximum site efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Engineered Joists: Why use a SpaceJoist?
- Open Web Design -Fast and simple installation of services, without drilling or cutting holes.
- Longer Spans– Longer spans are achievable in comparison to solid timber. this may eliminate the need for intermediate load bearing internal walls, thus reducing a buildings overall cost.
- Design Flexibility – A number of end conditions are available to the designer, including top chord support. Spacejoists can be designed for precisely locating load bearing walls and accommodating large services.
- Reduced Site Wastage– Bespoke design eliminates site alterations. Engineered Joists also saves timber resources by reducing the amount of waste timber generated during construction.
- Wider Spacing – Fewer beams are required to complete a floor installation, reducing labour time.
- Light Weight – The light weight construction allows the joists to be manoeuvred easily and safely on site, often with out the need for specialist lifting equipment.
- Wide nailing surface – Floor and ceiling application simpler and quicker.
- Cost savings – Trades work faster on site and the necessity for using intermediate load bearing walls is reduced.complete a floor installation, reducing labour time.
- Engineered Joists – Spacejoist is manufactured off site ensuring consistent quality and reliability. ITW Alpine’s design software ensures Spacejoist designs to a variety of specifications
Take advantage of the benefits of engineered joists today!
Use the engineered joist enquiry form or contact us on 01239 711070